2019 saw the start of a world-wide pandemic caused by a coronavirus that had jumped to humans from bats.
The disease is called Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
The virus that causes COVID-19 is called “Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2”. It is related to another coronavirus that caused the SARS outbreak in 2003, and another the MERS outbreak in the Middle East in 2012.
This Dentaljuce module draws directly on outside resources so that it stays up to date. It will tell you what you should be doing in your practice now, as well as give you an extensive background to the outbreak.
Member Feedback on Coronavirus COVID-19
- Brilliant and up to date information available.
- The module was intensive, and covered all the information necessary to be well informed about Covid19.
- Excellent Module - very current with all the latest advice covered.
- Very relevant and useful.
- Absolutely brilliant.
The Coronavirus COVID-19 online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|To improve my knowledge and management skills for COVID-19
(GDC outcomes: A B C D)
|Take the Dentaljuce COVID-19 course.||
|What development needs have I?||To improve my knowledge and management skills for COVID-19
(GDC outcome A B C D)
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce COVID-19 course.|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and competence in managing COVID-19, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
- to update members of the dental team with current best practice in managing the COVID-19 pandemic.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- recognise the importance of COVID-19.
- understand the basic science that underpins viral infection and community spread.
- understand the measures that she/he must apply in the dental surgery clinical environment.
- become aware of the importance and implications of COVID-19 as it relates to patients, visitors, staff, and the general public.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): A B C D.