Safeguarding Adults Level 2
The Care Act 2014 defines adult safeguarding in the explanatory notes as:
This must recognise that adults sometimes have complex interpersonal relationships and may be ambivalent, unclear or unrealistic about their personal circumstances.
This course provides training at Level 2 in Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults,
Member Feedback on Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Well presented and gets to the important points quickly
- Not only using text but incorporating video messaging gave the subject greater context and interest.
- This module was very informative, it made me aware of issues I wasn't aware of and gave good ideas of how to deal with them.
- Excellent module. Clearly explained and reinforced the need to always be vigilant.
The Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|To improve my knowledge of safeguarding vulnerable adults.
(GDC outcomes: A B D)
|Take the Dentaljuce Adult Safeguarding Level 2 course.||
|What development needs have I?||To improve my knowledge of safeguarding vulnerable adults.
(GDC outcome A B D)
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Adult Safeguarding Level 2 course.|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and competence in safeguarding vulnerable adults, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
- to update members of the dental team with current best practice in Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- Know how to recognise, respond to and how to share safeguarding concerns.
- Understand how to contribute to inter-agency assessment by gathering and sharing information.
- Have a clear understanding of how vulnerable adults can be helped to access support.
- Understand the requirements of the Care Act 2014.
- Understand the requirements of the Mental Capacity Act 2005.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): A B D.