The Indirect Restorations course covers restorations that are made outside the mouth (for example by a dental laboratory), like Crowns and Bridges.
Learn how to create amazing preparations for indirect restorations using our step-by-step guides, and find out about the evidence that supports the techniques.
Member Feedback on Indirect Restorations
- I found it extremely interesting and well-presented/explained all the topics included in this module.
- Helpful to see videos - interesting to consider how operative dentistry changes over time
- Good overview of very important crown and bridge options
- Very well illustrated
- Great information
The Indirect Restorations online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|Improve my skills with, and understanding of Indirect Restorations.
(GDC outcomes: A C D)
|Take the Dentaljuce Indirect Restorations course.||
|What development needs have I?||Improve my skills with, and understanding of Indirect Restorations.
(GDC outcome A C D)
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Indirect Restorations course.|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and competence in the field of indirect restorations, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
- to demonstrate the wide variety of restorations that can be undertaken using modern indirect techniques.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- through extensive and detailed step-by-step guides, learn the wide and varied application of individual indirect restorative techniques using laboratory fabricated restorations.
- learn the indications for operatively treating the dentition with indirect restorations.
- appreciate and apply the minimal intervention philosophy regarding the managemement of the carious, worn, or traumatised dentition.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): A C D.