This Dentaljuce module covers restorations that are shaped by the operator while they are in or on the tooth, like Amalgams and Composites. These are often called plastic restorations.
Learn how to create amazing restorations with our step-by-step guides to all kinds of direct restorations.
Member Feedback on Direct Restorations
- A concise and clear variety of information presented. Easy to grasp and enjoyable to read from.
- The course was very interesting, useful and easy to understand. Thank you Dentaljuce
- Wow- things have definitely progressed!
- An excellent revision for someone who wants to break away from old habits of doing restorative procedures.
- A thorough and useful module with lots of tips and tricks.
The Direct Restorations online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|Improve my skills with, and understanding of Direct Restorations.
(GDC outcomes: C D)
|Take the Dentaljuce Direct Restorations course.||
|What development needs have I?||Improve my skills with, and understanding of Direct Restorations.
(GDC outcome C D)
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Direct Restorations course.|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and competence in direct restorative dentistry, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
- to demonstrate the wide variety of restorations that can be undertaken using modern direct techniques.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- through extensive and detailed step-by-step guides, learn the wide and varied application of individual restorative techniques using composites and amalgam.
- learn the indications for operatively treating carious and non-carious lesions.
- appreciate and apply the minimal intervention philosophy regarding the management of the carious, worn, or traumatised dentition.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): C D.